Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Come Join #bestreads2012

For the rest of December we'll be doing a little community chat between The Bathroom Monologues and Twitter. #bestreads2012 will be all about your favorite books from the last year.




The blog hop will launch on Wednesday, December 26th, the day after Christmas. Up until then, anyone on Twitter is invited to an open chat about their favorite books of the year using the hashtag #bestreads2012. If you’ve got a blog or Tumblr, you can post a list of your favorite books there, only make sure to come back and link it here by the 26th so I can include you in the blog hop. For those without Twitter or blogs, you're still welcome to discuss your favorites in the Comments section here. Everyone is invited, readers and authors alike.

So think on it. What are your favorite books that you read this year? Not what was written or published in 2012, but that you personally read and loved for the first time. Fiction, non-fiction, prose, poetry and sequential art are all welcome. I guarantee you a comic book will show up on my list. It's a romantic comic, too. My list will be between 5-10 books long, with 1-2 paragraphs for each entry on what I got out of them. You can handle the number and format as you like.

Feel free to launch questions below. We'll field them together.


15 comments:

  1. I have seven books on my list, all for very different reasons. And it will be fun to compare my ebooks vs paper, YA vs adult, and UF vs contemporary for 2012 vs 2011. Looking forward to sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comparisons have been a big part of my entertainment so far. Some of my entries are almost directly opposed to each other. Only one YA book - but I do have one! And it's pretty old.

      Delete
  2. What a fascinating meme. I don't play twitter so will join in either in comments here - or on my blog. Am I right in thinking I need to get off my behind and do this before Xmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also do the post with the list and explanations on your blog, if you'd like to be part of the blog hop. I recommend starting the list before Christmas, though you only have to post it by the day after!

      Delete
  3. I'm in, although I can't remember all the books I read this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you really have to recall are those books that affected you the most deeply. Do many stand out in your memory?

      Delete
  4. I'm in! I just wrote up my list -- 6 books, 4 fiction, 2 non-fiction -- and put it on a blog page. You can only get there by direct link right now, but I'll make it more visible closer to the date.

    http://the-eyrea.blogspot.com/p/my-top-5-no-6-books-of-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to preview it. Those are some interesting revelations about the effects of vegetarianism, or effects related to what would come of it winning out. And very happy to see more people giving Yiddish Policemen's Union a shot!

      Delete
  5. Please, please, please include me in the blog hop- though I haven't compiled my list, yet. And I will check out the Twitter discussion as well. Thanks for doing this again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Have never done it and would love to join with my humble (sadly) list for this year. I'm still tangled up with university stuff, but by the end of the week should be free, and will link the list then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week is fine! I may wait until the 26th to post mine, but I'm not entirely sure.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to read everyone's lists. Could pick some book for a Christmas gift! Will compose mine on this Sunday and will post it here sometime in the evening.

      Delete
  7. Evening, John. Here's my list of 5, freshly written and completed a minute ago.

    http://cindyvaskova.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/best-reads-of-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to write up mine before xmas in case anyone's looking for good holiday gifts...keep meaning to. ;) My issue is always that whatever I'm reading now feels like the best book I've read, though I'm starting to get a little more realistic than that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in, too. I have already posted my reading list on my blog. Cool blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008